30th June 2018
Interested in having a stall or display or activity ?
Contact: Lawrie West 0448 358 289
or: email firstname.lastname@example.org
or: Download an application for a site
Fraser Lions Pier Festival
Sunday 30th September 2018
Our precious Urangan Pier was built in 1917 to facilitate the export of coal and sugar. It was originally 1107 metres in length stretching far out to reach the deep water channel where ships were loaded with the bagged sugar transported by steam train right to the end of the jetty.
Today we celebrate the remaining 868 metres of the pier
with the Fraser Lions Pier Festival now in it's 32nd year
The fishing comp starts at 6:00am
Thank You The Boat Club Fishing & Social Club for a great job with the Fishing Comp
The exports ceased in 1960. The structure was a fisherman's paradise and remained so until it was closed in 1985. The authorities started to demolish it in 1986. In spite of a strong public outcry 239 metres were lost before demolition was halted.
Fun - Lots of Fun
Food - Lots of Food
Magic - Lots of Magic by John Sharp
Many Many Stalls Selling Lots of ...
... and much much more!
Including a Fishing Comp ... see below
The tides are perfect:
low 0.95 m at 5:30 am
high 3.23 m at midday
Remember it starts at 6:00am
Register from 6:00am at the Pier Fest
The Fun starts at 9:00 am and runs until 2:00 pm
Bring the family - Bring everyone - They will enjoy
and Little Fish
and No Fish ??